Step Up Into T.L.C. is funded through DONATIONS.
Also through the proceeds from pony and horse-drawn cart rides for birthdays and special events help to support our program.
Wish list for 2017:
A used/new truck— Would need to be a 4×4 2500 gas extended cab.
Physillium and worming paste
Desitin/ zinc oxide
I would like to thank all of you for your interest in volunteering. There are several ways you can help:
(1) Ranch chores.
2) Make phone calls to local day cares and schools to set up times for us to come in and give a presentation with JJ our Clydesdale horse and Snickers our Miniature horse. A small donation really helps with gas.
3) Call or visit local businesses to ask for donations. Pima Federal Credit Union donated 200 hand held calculators for us to hand out to the children for back to school month. These were given out to the children at TMC hospital and UMC hospital also The Childrens Clinic on our last visit.
We can always use washable paints.
4) Hand out and post brochures and info for Step Up Into T.L.C.
5) Ideas for fundraisers and someone to be in charge of putting it together. For example: Bake sales, Gaslight theater groups, rides and games out in front of a store. Maybe contact a Rotary or Kiwanis club that is looking for a charity to do a fundraiser for.
6) Help at the events.
7) Help with the visits to our local nursing and retirement homes and hospitals.j
A SPECIAL “THANK YOU” to my husband. Gregg, with all he did for Step Up Into T.L.C.. When people ask if he was a horse lover, I would smile and tell them I am the horse lover, he loved to build and lucky for me, he loved me. He was a great source of support and inspiration.
Also to my Father who use to love sharing the horses at the nursing facilities with me. He would always tell the residents at the various facilities when we introduce ourselves that I am the best daughter he has ever had. And I jokingly say..”that’s because I am your only daughter.” The residents would all laugh and it helped to get our “feel good” therapy started.
Thankful for all the donations, time and support from Ann Herrington-Publisher/Editor of the Tucson Dog Magazine July/August Issue, Heather Rowe, Carol Smith, Annie Brett, Leann Williams, Linda Allen with L.A. Ranch texashorseandbuggy.com , Lori Faith, Jimmy at Big Tex Trailers, Tucson Dodge, El Rio Health Center, Kris and Don Hendrix, Scott and Karen Smith and their three children, Anne and Harold Foster, Susan Marshall, Gayla Strong, Ashley Albert, Hailey Albert, Tamera Albert, Kirsten, George Roach, Lisa Rankin, Justine and Tallie Negaard, Sherry Harris Hardy, Darlene Wager, Mary, Cynthia Levfko, Jenny Kendall, Kandie and Drew Vactor, Sylvia, Bryce, Braden and Karli, Post Feed, Doug and Diane Mayhew, Savanah, Melissa and Abigale, Laurie Easley, Stephanie Hendrickson, Todd and Lisa Roahrig,Debbie Confer, Betty Confer, Debbie Confer: Tucson Medical Center, Pima Federal Credit Union,Just to name a few Bruce and Ginny Shaffer, Susie Wilcox and Bank of America, and David and Betty Confer. Scott Kodysz:photographs Nicole Zupan: my beautiful daughter and an awesome volunteer, Channel 4 News– 12/2/09 Making a Difference segment