Step Up Into T.L.C. is funded through DONATIONS.
Also through the proceeds from pony and horse-drawn cart rides for birthdays and special events help to support our program.
Wish list for 2014:
New halters of all sizes and lead ropes
Physillium and worming paste
Desitin/ zinc oxide
A printing company to donate material and time
I would like to thank all of you for your interest in volunteering. There are several ways you can help:
(1) Ranch chores on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Roahrig’s Ranch (can send a map)
2) Make phone calls to local day cares and schools to set up times for us to come in and give a presentation with JJ our Clydesdale horse and Snickers our Miniature horse. A small donation really helps with gas.
3) Call or visit local businesses to ask for donations. Pima Federal Credit Union donated 200 hand held calculators for us to hand out to the children for back to school month. These were given out to the children at TMC hospital and UMC hospital also The Childrens Clinic on our last visit. We can always use washable paints and horse supplies. 4) Hand out and post brochures and info for Step Up Into T.L.C.
5) Ideas for fundraisers and someone to be in charge of putting it together. For example: Bake sales, Gaslight theater groups, rides and games out in front of a store. Maybe contact a Rotary or Kiwanis club that is looking for a charity to do a fundraiser for.
6) Help at the events.
7) Help with the visits to our local Nursing and Retirement homes.
A SPECIAL “THANK YOU” to my husband. Gregg, with the help. When people ask if he is a horse lover, I smile and tell them I am the horse lover, he loves to build and lucky for me, he loves me. He is a great source of support and inspiration. My father loves to share the horses at the nursing facilities with us. He always tells the residents at the various facilities when we introduce ourselves that I am the best daughter he has ever had. And I jokingly say..”that’s because I am your only daughter.” The residents all laugh and it helps to get our feel good therapy started.
THANK YOU to Old Pueblo Rotary Club: for your support and your donation. Because of your support and donation the trailer has had a complete overhaul and is structurally ready to safely carry our therapy team over the miles to bring smiles. You have helped make our Mission Possible!
Our volunteers and donors past and present:
Jimmy at Big Tex Trailers, Tucson Dodge, El Rio Health Center, Kris and Don Hendrix, Scott and Karen Smith and their three children, Anne and Harold Foster, Susan Marshall, Gayla Strong, Ashley Albert, Hailey Albert, Tamera Albert, Kirsten, George Roach, Lisa Rankin, Justine and Tallie Negaard, Sherry Harris Hardy, Darlene Wager, Mary, Cynthia Levfko, Jenny Kendall, Donna DeConcini and the Tucson Food Truck Rally, Kandie and Drew Vactor, Sylvia, Bryce, Braden and Carly, Post Feed, Doug and Diane Mayhew, Savanah, Melissa and Abigale, Laurie Easley, Stephanie Hendrickson. Lori Faith : Photography By Faith.
Susie Burkholder, Home Depot, Kim Burgo and Danny Confer: Tucson Medical Center, Pima Federal Credit Union,Just to name a few Bruce and Ginny Shaffer, Susie Wilcox and Bank of America, and David and Betty Confer. Scott Kodysz:photographs Nicole Zupan: my beautiful daughter and an awesome volunteer, Channel 4 News- 12/2/09 Making a Difference segment
Not what we give,
But what we share,
For the gift
without the giver
~James Russell Lowell
Step Up Into T.L.C. would like to thank all of our volunteers and donors for their precious gift of sharing.